ACLS Accredited Legal Secretary Course
The ACLS Legal Secretary Course is an important qualification that will improve your CV. The intense, tutor led training provides the legal theory and practical exposure required to start a Legal Secretarial Career.
The course has experienced tutors who have developed work simulated practical exercises to develop confidence together with a full range of Legal Secretarial skills. Consequently, many of London’s successful Legal Secretaries have been trained by our training provider, Souters.
Background and Qualification
ACLS training providers have been providing Legal Secretarial training continuously in London since the 1980s. Therefore, they have the experience, expertise and connections in the Legal industry to provide the highest level of training.
Legal Secretary Training Course
Learn about the law and the legal system:
- Introduction to Law
- Legal Industry structure : Magic Circle and the City; High Street; In house
- The Law Office: Partners; Fee Earners; Paralegals; Legal Secretaries how does it all work?
This training is specialised. The exercises require expert guidance from lawyers. This course content ensures that our Legal Secretaries gain skills and confidence for their jobs.
- Practical Legal Secretarial skills – Practical Sessions to cover individual Departmental Functions and Procedures:
- Criminal Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Family Law & Wills
- Legal Secretarial Skills Practice will include the following:
- Legal Document production, presentation and engrossment
- Proof Reading
- Forms processing and completion
- Time recording & Invoicing
- Audio Typing Training
- Touch Typing Training
- Tests and appraisals.
Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word and Outlook, are essential for Legal Secretaries. They will commonly be tested in interviews and assessments. If you need to improve in these areas, please consider the Legal Secretary Diploma. This includes the Microsoft Office skills training that you need. Please can you CLICK HERE to see information.
What do I need to join this course?
- At least a good level of secondary education with good written and spoken English.
- Secretarial experience or Secretarial/PA training is needed before starting this course. If you lack Secretarial or PA skills, you should opt to take the Legal PA Diploma.
Dates and Duration
- Full time one week intense course (11:00-16:00 plus homework) all week
- Part-time course attending tutorials with your tutor on an agreed schedule. Part-time course is completed within 3 months, extensions are available if needed.
At present our main training location is in Central London, at Souters Training Centre.
Who teaches the course
Trained Lawyers teach the course
What is the style of Teaching?
The Teaching is interactive with high levels of practical exercises.
Association of Certified Legal Secretaries Legal Secretarial Course Benefits:
- A recognised Legal Secretary Qualification; the ACLS Level 3 Certificate for Legal Secretaries.
- Your certification will be from the Association of Certified Legal Secretaries Institute
- Your Legal Secretary qualification is high respected within the Legal Industry.
- Therefore, the Certificate will improve your CV and job options.
- You gain from live classroom session and interactive discussions
- Trained Lawyers teach the course, hence you gain from their expertise.
- The course is highly practical and it prepares you for the job.
- You will gain the skills and confidence to deal confidently with a Legal Secretary Job.
- The course material is regularly updated.
- Many law firms chose this course, because of our excellent reputation.
- Training providers have been delivering Legal Secretarial training since 1988, so the high standard of our courses is well-known within the Legal Industry.