The Association of Certified Legal Secretaries accredited Legal Secretary Diploma provides a strong introduction into legal theory and the practical skills that are needed for a legal secretary job. The training programme aims to provide job readiness to commence a successful career as a legal secretary.
Background and Qualification
Souters has provided legal secretarial training continuously in London since 1988. We now provide Souters’ Association of Certified Legal Secretaries accredited courses.
Association of Certified Legal Secretaries accreditation is sought after in the legal profession and is actually required for solicitors themselves to maintain their ongoing knowledge base. Association of Certified Legal Secretaries is recognised by the Law Society and Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Legal Secretary Diploma
Learn about the law and the legal system:
- Introduction to Law
- Legal Industry structure : Magic Circle and the City; High Street; In house
- The Law Office: Partners; Fee Earners; Paralegals; Legal Secretaries. How does it all work?
- Practical Legal Secretarial skills – Practical sessions to cover individual departmental functions and procedures:
- Criminal Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Family Law & Wills
- Legal Secretarial Skills Practice will include the following within each of the above five legal areas: Legal Document Production;
- Document presentation and engrossment
- Proof Reading
- Forms processing and completion
- Time recording & Invoicing
- Audio Typing Training
- Touch Typing Training
- Tests and appraisals.
3. Microsoft Office Training in 3 programmes. We are a Microsoft Certified Academy and all of our IT training has been accredited by the Association of Certified Legal Secretaries:
How is the course taught?
The course is taught by a qualified Lawyer in a very practical classroom session. This format of training is vital, due to your ability to gain from guidance and support of an expert in the field.
The final module of the Diploma is the Microsoft Office Training. This training is taught via a sophisticated live server system. This incorporates a virtual tutor. The virtual tutors instructs and provides interactive lessons. All of your exercises are marked by the Virtual tutor. If you already have good Microsoft Office skills, you may prefer the Legal Secretary Course. Please CLICK HERE for the Course.
What do I need to join this course?
- Good general level of education with good written and spoken English.
- PA/Secretarial experience or General Secretarial/PA training is needed before starting this course.
- Please contact us if you have any doubts.
Dates and Duration
- Full time one week intense course (11:00-16:00 plus homework) all week or
- Assisted learning with in house tutor sessions supported by homework over one month.
- You can gain an accredited Legal Secretarial Qualification
- Each Microsoft Office programme will be certified
- Your certification will be from the Association of Certified Legal Secretaries
- The Association of Certified Legal Secretaries is recognised by the Law Society and Solicitor’s Regulation Authority.
- The Association of Certified Legal Secretaries Legal Secretary Qualification is well-known high respected within the Legal Industry.
- A recognised Legal Secretary qualification will build your CV and Job Options
- You gain from live classroom session and interactive discussions
- The course is highly practical and it prepares you for the job.
- You will gain the skills and confidence to deal well with a Legal Secretary Job.
- The course material is regularly kept up to date, to ensure that the requirements of the Legal Industry are met.
- Souters has been delivering Legal Secretarial training since 1988, so the high standard of our courses is well-known within the Legal Industry.