ACLS Accredited Online Legal Secretary Course
The Association of Certified Legal Secretaries Online Legal Secretary Course is an important qualification that will improve your CV. The intense, tutor led training provides the legal theory and practical exposure required to start a Legal Secretarial Career.
The course has experienced tutors who have developed work simulated practical exercises to develop confidence and a full range of Legal Secretarial skills.
Background and Qualification
Our training partners have provided Legal Secretarial training continuously in London since 1988. Therefore, we have the experience, expertise and connections in the Legal industry to provide the highest level of training.
Legal Secretary Training Course Content
Learn about the law and the legal system:
- Introduction to Law
- Legal Industry structure : Magic Circle and the City; High Street; In house
- The Law Office: Partners; Fee Earners; Paralegals; Legal Secretaries how does it all work?
This training is specialised. The exercises require expert guidance from lawyers. This course content ensures that our Legal Secretaries gain skills and confidence for their jobs.
- Practical Legal Secretarial skills – Practical Sessions to cover individual Departmental Functions and Procedures:
- Criminal Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Family Law & Wills
- Legal Secretarial Skills Practice will include the following:
- Legal Document production, presentation and engrossment
- Proof Reading
- Forms processing and completion
- Time recording & Invoicing
- Audio Typing Training
- Touch Typing Training
- Tests and appraisals.
Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word and Outlook, are essential for Legal Secretaries. They will commonly be tested in interviews and assessments. If you need to improve in these areas, please consider the Legal Secretary Diploma. This includes the Microsoft Office skills training that you need. Please can you CLICK HERE to see information.
What do I need to join this course?
- At least a good level of secondary education with good written and spoken English.
- Secretarial experience or Secretarial/PA training is needed before starting this course
- Classroom courses are available in London; CLICK HERE for details.
Dates and Duration
The course runs for a maximum of six months. However, most students complete the training for in advance of 6 months.
Who teaches the course
Trained Lawyers support the course and act as remote tutors to guide students.
What is the style of Teaching?
The Teaching is interactive with high levels of practical exercises.
Association of Certified Legal Secretaries Legal Secretarial Course Benefits:
- A recognised Legal Secretary Qualification; the ACLS Level 3 Certificate for Legal Secretaries.
- Your certification will be from the Association of Certified Legal Secretaries Institute
- Your Legal Secretary qualification high respected within the Legal Industry.
- Therefore, the Certificate will improve your CV and job options.
- Trained Lawyers teach the course, hence you gain from their expertise.
- The course is highly practical and it prepares you for the job.
- Therefore, you will gain the skills and confidence to deal well with a Legal Secretary Job.
- The course material is regularly kept up to date.
- Many law firms chose this course, because of our excellent reputation.