The CPD accredited Online Legal Secretary Diploma provides a strong introduction into Legal theory and practical skills needed in a Legal Secretary Job. The training aims to provide job readiness to commence a successful career as a Legal Secretary.
Background and Qualification
Souters has provided Legal Secretarial training continuously in London since 1988. We now provide Souters’ CPD accredited courses in online format.
CPD accreditation is sought after in the Legal Profession and is actually required for solicitors themselves to maintain their ongoing knowledge base. CPD is recognised by the Law Society and Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Legal Secretary Diploma
Learn about the law and the legal system:
- Introduction to Law
- Legal Industry structure : Magic Circle and the City; High Street; In house
- The Law Office: Partners; Fee Earners; Paralegals; Legal Secretaries how does it all work?
- Practical Legal Secretarial skills – Practical Sessions to cover individual Departmental Functions and Procedures:
- Criminal Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Family Law & Wills
- Legal Secretarial Skills Practice will include the following within each of the above five legal areas: Legal Document Production;
- Document presentation and engrossment
- Proof Reading
- Forms processing and completion
- Time recording & Invoicing
- Audio Typing Training
- Touch Typing Training
- Tests and appraisals.
3. Microsoft Office Training in 3 programmes. We are a Microsoft Certified Academy and all of our IT training has been accredited by the CPD:
How is the course taught?
The two legal modules are supported by an experienced and qualified lawyer. This ensures that the online learning is supported by expert tutors.
The final module of the Diploma is the Microsoft Office Training. This training is taught via a sophisticated live server system. This incorporates a virtual tutor. The virtual tutors instructs and provides interactive lessons. All of your exercises are marked by the Virtual tutor. If you already have good Microsoft Office skills, you may prefer the Legal Secretary Course.
Please CLICK HERE for the Classroom versions of the Diploma.
What do I need to join this course?
- Good general level of education with good written and spoken English.
- PA/Secretarial experience or General Secretarial/PA training is needed before starting this course.
- Please contact us if you have any doubts.
Dates and Duration
You have 6 months to complete the course, but many people complete the training in a much shorter time.
- You can gain an accredited Legal Secretarial Qualification
- Each Microsoft Office programme will be certified
- Your certification will be from the CPD
- The CPD is recognised by the Law Society and Solicitor’s Regulation Authority.
- The CPD Legal Secretary Qualification is well-known high respected within the Legal Industry.
- A recognised Legal Secretary qualification will build your CV and Job Options
- You gain from remote support of a lawyer.
- The course is highly practical and it prepares you for the job.
- You will gain the skills and confidence to deal well with a Legal Secretary Job.
- The course material is regularly kept up to date, to ensure that the requirements of the Legal Industry are met.
- Souters has been delivering Legal Secretarial training since 1988, so the high standard of our courses is well-known within the Legal Industry.